Початкова сторінка

Прадідівська слава

Українські пам’ятки

Не дозволиш нікому плямити слави, ні честі твоєї нації

Богдан Хмельницький

?

Мхава с

Село належало до Балигородського деканату Перемиської єпархії.

Muchava [Ru] Mchawa [Polish]

Lisko District, present day SE Poland

Parish Data: [from Blazejowskyj and Iwanusiw]

The church was «Saint Michael» [1908] [destroyed]

The masonry church was renovated in 1933. It replaced an older wooden church. The church was destroyed after WW II and a Roman Catholic church was erected on the site. Transfiguration chapel built in 1823 and renovated in 1937 is still standing

In 1785 the village lands comprised 9.67 sq km. There were 153 Greek Catholics 80 Roman Catholics and 21 Jews

1840 – 240 Greek Catholics

1859 – 189 Greek Catholics

1879 – 240 Greek Catholics

1899 – 363 Greek Catholics

1926 – 427 Greek Catholics

1936 – 476 Greek Catholics

In 1936 there were 23 Roman Catholics, 41 Jews in the area

Filial parishes located in KEL'CHAVA 4 km, ROSTOKY 4 km, and TYSOVEC' 4 km

Джерело: